Important Information Regarding COVID-19
Dear Esteemed Patients,
We hope that this message finds you well at this unprecedented time in our lives of the COVID-19 Pandemic. It has truly been a time of change and introspection in our family lives and careers.
We are pleased to announce that according to Governor Brown’s recent announcement, and following the guidelines of our American Dental Association and The Oregon Health Authority, we will be re-opening our practice to non-urgent and elective dental treatments on Friday, May 15, 2020. We are excited to get back to treating our patients, mindful that this novel virus is still under research, and according to the National Institute of Health, may continue to be present in our society until a vaccine is developed.
At this time it is essential to give our patients reassurance that your safety and health have ALWAYS been paramount in our method of practice. We have always practiced with Universal Precautions. Universal Precautions, Heat Sterilization infection control, Universal Disinfection for each patient space, and continued and mandatory infection control and training, remain anything but new to Cornerstone Family Dentistry.
Accordingly, ADDITIONAL office protocols and treatment modalities have been added to our already stringent Universal Precautions, Disinfection and Sterilization techniques to keep our patients and staff safe:
- Prior to your appointment you will be asked to complete a well-visit health questionnaire by phone or text.
- Arriving to the office for your appointment will entail waiting in your vehicle or outside until your appointment time, at which time you will be contacted to greet our staff at the front door.
- All patients are required to arrive to the office wearing a mask or cloth facial covering.
- We will temporarily be eliminating the use of the waiting room, enforcing social distancing.
- You will be greeted with hand sanitizer, will have your temperature taken and will be escorted directly to your treatment room.
- Patients are asked to present to their appointment unaccompanied. In the case of a minor child, one guardian is permitted, following the same presentation protocol.
- Prior to treatment, patients will pre-rinse with antibacterial, antiviral solution or mouthwash to minimize aerosol transmission to staff.
- Accordingly, all staff will be screened daily with a CDC approved questionnaire, and having their temperatures taken.
- You will see additional, recommended personal protective equipment (PPE) being used by the staff.
- We have added Hep-Vac particulate room air filtration systems to each treatment room, as well as additional methods of suction and splash prevention; and of course, the recommended disinfection protocols will be performed prior to, and following every patient.
We hope this information is explanatory and assuring, as we move forward in re-opening, and we thank you for your understanding and patience as we navigate this new global reality together.
Looking forward to seeing you all shortly and safely,
Yours in Dental Health,
Yoli C. Di Giulio, DMD and staff